Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Table gets displayed differently on Access Point

Hey Guys,

I have a quite weird problem here. I pushed a new version of my dashboard to the Access Point. We do not use the publisher so it is just replacing the old file by the new one. This worked so far without any problem, until now.

I replaced the old version with the new one yesterday and now 2 pivot tables in the dashboard get not displayed properly.

If I take a look at the properties of the tables I can see that the hierarchy dimension is missing, that would explain why it is displayed not correct.

The really weird thing is that I did not change anything before copying the file. If I open the development version locally or on the server everything is fine. If I replace the existing file in the lets say production path it does not display it properly because the dimension in the table is missing. If I copy it there under another name it works fine, rename it to the correct name it does not work again.

This looks like its a QV Server problem. Maybe the Cache? We restarted the QlikView Services already but no effect.

Does anyone has a idea?

Thanks and best regards,

Seb

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the link.

I fixed the problem by myself. It was a cache problem. If I remove the last document state in the access point it runs without any problem. The access point saved the last state and I changed the hierarchy dimension in the newer version.

Thanks Siva.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Sebastian,

Can you upload the file or share the screenshot of the the image in accesspoint and from the application to see the difference?

Siva

Not applicable
Author

Hi Siva,

unfortunenately I can't upload the file or share a screenshot of the application.

I try to draw it here with a table:

This is how it should look like:

Area-HierarchyCat 1Cat 2Cat 3Cat 4

A

=Count(distinct ArticleID)
Be.g. 200
C400
D600
E340
F802

So this is like it should look like on the access point. And it does look like it should in every file whether its openend locally or through the access point. Even in production path under another name it works fine. The first column is a Hierarchy-dimension. The rest is

a count split up on the hierachy on the left and the category dimension at the top of the table.

But when the file is placed under production path under its correct name it looks like this (although the file just got copy from development to production):

CategoryCount(distinct ArticleID) (the formula is the heading here)
Cat 1e.g. 5000
Cat 24000
Cat 33444
Cat 4

If I look up the properties while open it in the access point it shows me that the hierarchy dimension is not there. If I rename the file everything works fine...super weird.

Thanks

Seb

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Sebastian,

Which version you are using? Looks like it is bug in some other version discussed here Dimension Missing in Access Point

Please check.

Siva

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the link.

I fixed the problem by myself. It was a cache problem. If I remove the last document state in the access point it runs without any problem. The access point saved the last state and I changed the hierarchy dimension in the newer version.

Thanks Siva.

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Sebastian,

do you have any screenshots to your issue?

beck