Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Task list is suddenly empty ... but tasks are entered!

I thought we did a reload last night, but when we checked the whole task list was suddenly empty ...

Although we did configure all reload tasks (QMC) ...

We did saw this before ... and after changing some tasks (and the QMC saves data a couple of times) the task list appears again ...

But how can this task list become empty suddenly? Did saving go wrong in the QMC??

And more important ... how can we be sure the task list does not disappear again?? Now no reports are reloaded because the QMC / QEMC can't find the list???? In which XML is the tasklist??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Thanks for posting @andriesb.

What you have reported here seems is the same scenario as explained on:
Applying SLK in QlikView Management Console clears... - Qlik Community - 1857928

QlikView: Task list empty after applying Unified S... - Qlik Community - 1886428

As you mentioned is very important to have this into account when applying such licenses.

Also some useful information when using the old activation method with Serial and control number.

How to remove Publisher License from QlikView Envi... - Qlik Community - 1712614

Cheers!

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have the same problem, could you solve it? I'm using QlikView Server 10 SR1, is this a bug?

Regards!

patricio
Contributor III
Contributor III

In 9 SR6 (QEMC Status), if you do not check "Indent dependent tasks", the list of task dissapears. So the solution is to check that option and this way it works fine.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

This certainly sounds like a bug. References to reload schedules are in a number of files. One of the main ones is WorkOrder.xml. There are a list of other related files (v9 - but I believe these have not changed) in this forum posting:

http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/25325/96681.aspx

With QV 10 SR 2 out in the next day or so it may be worth taking a look at that when it is availble.

Regards,
Steve

andriesb
Creator II
Creator II

I had the same problem where my task list was suddenly empty.

I applied the publisher license key as this was part of my renewed license agreement and I missed some tabs within the QMC (e.g. the tab to add the reload-error email).  Appying the pubisher lic deletes all your tasks and completely changes the way qlikview server works ! Sh..t !

Solution was to completely strip the applied publisher lic (and then restore a previous seting from

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR\Backups )

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/How-to-remove-Publisher-License-from-QlikView-Environment/ta...

There is no 'normal' way to delete an applied publisher lic .

Also miracously my other problem with disapearing tabs was also solved...

Maybe this extra info helped as I did not read this cause and this solution on any other thread.

Albert_Candelario

Thanks for posting @andriesb.

What you have reported here seems is the same scenario as explained on:
Applying SLK in QlikView Management Console clears... - Qlik Community - 1857928

QlikView: Task list empty after applying Unified S... - Qlik Community - 1886428

As you mentioned is very important to have this into account when applying such licenses.

Also some useful information when using the old activation method with Serial and control number.

How to remove Publisher License from QlikView Envi... - Qlik Community - 1712614

Cheers!

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer