Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Test Server "Failed to open document, You don't have access to this document"

Hi all

We have a development server using a QlikView test license.

I have created a mounted folder on the test Management Console (it is browsable) and setup the appropriate AD permissions on this folder.

When I move a .qvw in to this mounted folder it appears on the test AccessPoint and all users can see it.  However, some users get the following error when they try to open the .qvw

Test AccessPoint Error.png

This .qvw has section access and is reloaded in the live environment before being moved to the mounted folder on the test server.

The affected users do not get this error in the live environment.

Has anyone seen this before?  Also, what is "QlikOcx"?

Thanks

Labels (2)
5 Replies
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

The login you are using do not have the access to view the doc. Check managemnt console

Adding Users for QlikView Access

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

We all have seen this message multiple times. It is displayed when one or more of the following conditions are true:

• NTFS rights or DMS settings deny this user access to the QVW.
  • Your user does not have a QlikView CAL assigned. Note that on a Test server, you have to assign licenses to all users all over again. Production machine CALs and assignments won't help here.
  • Section Access inside this QVW document denies access to this perticular user.

If you have a Publisher, there may be additional conditions or variations of the previous ones that deny access.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter

I have narrowed it down to the third point in your list.  More specifically 'Strict Exclusion' is checked in the problem .qvw

I have a workaround, which is to reload the document on the test server, but this adds time to the development process.

To reiterate, the affected users can access the report in the live environment, but it looks like there is a problem with section access when simply moving the .qvw to the test environment.

Does anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Good thing that you are using "strict exclusion" to secure your documents.

Whenever you push a document from development or production to your test server, do you cross domains? Section Access can cause trouble when it hasn't been refreshed on the machine where it is going to reside for end-users to be opened. I often have this problem when visiting customers where I put a finished document from my machine onto theirs without reloading.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter

The Development and Production environments are on separate physical machines but they are in the same domain.

Thanks for the info, I will have to readjust my development process.

James