Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Test server

Hi everyone,

I've just arrived in a new company. They have a test server with a test edition licence.

Here is a part of the LEF file :

LICENSE_LEASE;NO;;

NAMED_CAL_BY_MACHINE_ID;NO;;

NUMBER_OF_USERCALS;25;;

PRODUCTLEVEL;10;;2014-01-01

TEST_EDITION;YES;;

Am I allowed to lease a cal ? because I currently can only use personal edition even when I open on server.

Thank you for your help.

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

Per default one limitation which a test-server had is you could not lease a licence. But you could lease on from your production environment and use therewith the test server. And of course you could contact your partner, maybe there are possibilities.

- Marcus

svenkita
Creator II
Creator II

the lef states that

LICENSE_LEASE;NO;;

hence you cannot lease the license from server

Not applicable
Author

Is there a way in the test management console or on the test server to find the name of the production server associated ?

Thank you

marcus_sommer

I would say not really - there must be no association. By us it's easy the test-server is named like the prod-server with the suffix of -t. You could try it with a ping-statement but better would be to ask the qv-admin.

- Marcus

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You could check if the Test server has Remote Management configured. That's a publisher set-up that allows for tasks to be pushed from test to production (and vice-versa) as-is via the QMC. A requirement for this mechanism to work is that each system should have the other's name configured.

See QMC->System->Setup->Remote Management Services  and check the right pane for any configured remote systems. With that information, you should be able to identify the production server.

Best,

Peter

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Laura,

Can you not you the OPEN IN SERVER option in QV Desktop and Search for Nearby Servers?

HTH - Andy