Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Tidying up the Access_Point

Hi,

the general challenge I have is this: A lot of people are going to access all our QlikView apps (or a part of them) via their Browser. What are the settings I have to adjust so that they see only the apps that have already been approved and released - no *.SHARED files, no *.META files, no "Version_x_of_y.qvw"?

The latter are necessary as yet because we don't yet have an alternative backup solution and we need backups on a less_than_daily basis while developing the apps.

Thanks for any help!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

If I am not wrong you are saving the working files as well as the final applications in single directory.

If that is the case then all you need to do is make a working directory seperate then the final application directory.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Kaushik,

you mean we should simply create another directory in which we store only the approved and released apps?

Well, that won't be so easy because even after the apps have been released, we will continue working on them, but we can keep a user_working_version apart from our working_area.

How can I define what (which directory) the users see in their Browser?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Yes right.

You always keep the working folder different then the published one.

Published folder is the one which you have mapped in the QlikView Server.

All you have to do is you keep updating the application of the published folder at day end.

So this way your users will see what so ever changes you have done when you update the application.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki    

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Kaushik,

that sounds like a very good idea.

And my second question ´- how do I then set up the Browser_access so that the users see only that finalized directory we create?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I told you in above post.

In QlikView server there is a place called Root Folder -> here you give the path of the final application folder,

Which will be seen by users.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi kaushik,

... and I can set that folder in the Mgmt console?

Thanks a lot!

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes