Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mr_novice
Creator II
Creator II

Time limitation on Doc Cals?

Hi all!

I have allocated 20 Cals to a document. I have also checked "Allow dynamic CAL assignment".

But I have 30 users and they don't use the document every day. So my question is if there is a way to delete all assigned Cals every 24 hours so the users will be assigned a 'new' Cal every time (or when) they open the document. If there is no Cals left they will have to wait until next day to try again.

Br

Cris

6 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

maybe this can help you

Qlikview Server CAL Manager

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

There is a 24 hour quarantine on a deleted license. Unless the license hasn't been used in the last 24 hours. Also, you might want to check your license agreement to make sure you are not violating it.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
mr_novice
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you Massimo. I will take a look at this!

mr_novice
Creator II
Creator II
Author

ok so if I delete the license it cant be used for 24 hours...and I might be violating the license agreement...hmm sounds like I have to think about another way of doing this.. Thanks Bill.

Edit: But if the license has been used during the day and deletion is made during that same night then it shouldn't be on quarantine?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The utility that in the power tools will only delete CALs that have not been used in 24 hours. So, that you be a good way to do it. If you know Steve is going on vacation tomorrow and you delete his license at 5:00 today it will be held in quarantine for 24 hours before it can be cleared and reused again

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
mr_novice
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Ok thanks Bill. Then this is definitely not a solution. The initial problem is that all licenses will be used (20), lets say today, and there will be users that were not assigned a CAL thus no access to the document. I wanted to delete the CALS by night so all assignment of the licenses starts over tomorrow. So if a user didn't have access to the document today the user might have access tomorrow if there are licenses left.

Br

Cris