Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Triggers OnOpen Document with AJAX (IE no-plugin)

Hi,

I have this problem: I want to select a value in a field when I open the document (with IE without plug-in)

The problem is that the triggers (OnOpen Document without Plug-In) do not work correctly.

Someone has an idea on how to get around the problem? I had thought to something related to a variable that is changing and that triggers an event.

If someone has already had the same problem can give me an idea?

Regards,

Luigi

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have a vague memory of this being a bug in v10 SR2, but I'm not sure if it was ever resolved.
-Phil

mellerbeck
Creator II
Creator II

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

This is working as designed. If you will look at page 426 of the reference manual it state:

OnOpen

Select this event to assign an action to be executed each time the QlikView

document is opened. This event will not function when running in the AJAX

Client.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

is there a work around for this?  Session state is not responding as described (it is always restoring the uses state) regardless of the tick or untick of the Allow Session State checkbox.  I cannot use OnOpen in AJAX.  This is happening with 11.0.11440 build IE browser and AJAX client.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

is there a work around for this?  Session state is not responding as described (it is always restoring the uses state) regardless of the tick or untick of the Allow Session State checkbox.  I cannot use OnOpen in AJAX.  This is happening with 11.0.11440 build IE browser and AJAX client.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

marcus_sommer

You could try using another trigger, perhaps a SheetDeActivate. Example: on opening users starts with a landing-page with useful informations and descriptions (a lot of demo-apps used similar landing-pages) about the application and with changing the sheet the trigger run.

- Marcus