Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prasad_dumbre
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Two Doc CALs for same document to a single user . . .

Hi All,

As per what I have read till now, A Document cals is used to allow a user to access a particular document. On production server, we have observed a user was assigned with two doc cals for the same document.
Can you please guide, why this happened ?

Screen.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Yes there will be - You should not focus on the right side.

Look for the same users under like "Custom Users, LDAP" and so on. In the left side. If he appears twice. Then you have the reason why your user appears twice in the right pane. Capture.PNG.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable

Your scope is within all directories - This means the user can be a WindowsUser and a qlikviewuser - And still have the same name - Therefore he is there twice.

Try to see if the user appears on two lists (select something else than all directories and seach for his name)

prasad_dumbre
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply . . .

I tried with change scope,  I selected different options apart from 'All Directories' like 'Custom Users' , 'LDAP'.

But still I am getting two separate entries for that user.

Thanks & Regards,

Prasad D. Dumbre

Not applicable

Yes there will be - You should not focus on the right side.

Look for the same users under like "Custom Users, LDAP" and so on. In the left side. If he appears twice. Then you have the reason why your user appears twice in the right pane. Capture.PNG.png

prasad_dumbre
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hey Thanks Thomas,

For your quick feedback.

As you suggested , that user was having his entry twice in 2 different domains. . . .

Thanks & Regards,

Prasad D. Dumbre

Not applicable

No problem