Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

URL Parameters

Hi,

Is there any documentation about the range of parameters you can use in the application URL?

I know you can set object values like "&select=[Object_ID],[values]" but is it possible to input something in an input box for example:

e.g.: &input=[variable],[value]

Basically, I have several choices in my app but I'd like to set 2 variables with the URL.

If this is possible, what would the link look like and what'd be the most efficient way to do it?

My link looks like this: http://servername/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=MyApp.qvw&sheet=SH01&host=QVS@evw3301379&anonymous=...

Cheers.

Tags (4)
1 Reply
Not applicable

Re: URL Parameters

HI

This is a late reply, but this post has had 130 Views at present, so an answer might still prove useful to someone else.

There are three resources that I would advise:

1) QlikView Mashups - Simple Document Integration in order to get an idea of what is possible

2) Passing Parameters in a URL and Document Chaining to see a working example of the concept, as well as, document chaining

3) In order to pass a variable value as a parameter @Andy Hyde suggests that you go to C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewAjax  and "add a line to the opendoc.html file", e.g.

var d1 = Qva.ExtractProperty("param1", null);

var d2 = Qva.ExtractProperty("param2", null);

call opendoc.htm?param1=20110713&param2=20110720

For more, check out How to transfer parameter in url? I use opendoc.htm to open a ajax client.

HTH

Charles