Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

URL Parameters

Hi,

Is there any documentation about the range of parameters you can use in the application URL?

I know you can set object values like "&select=[Object_ID],[values]" but is it possible to input something in an input box for example:

e.g.: &input=[variable],[value]

Basically, I have several choices in my app but I'd like to set 2 variables with the URL.

If this is possible, what would the link look like and what'd be the most efficient way to do it?

My link looks like this: http://servername/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=MyApp.qvw&sheet=SH01&host=QVS@evw3301379&anonymous=...

Cheers.

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

HI

This is a late reply, but this post has had 130 Views at present, so an answer might still prove useful to someone else.

There are three resources that I would advise:

1) QlikView Mashups - Simple Document Integration in order to get an idea of what is possible

2) Passing Parameters in a URL and Document Chaining to see a working example of the concept, as well as, document chaining

3) In order to pass a variable value as a parameter @Andy Hyde suggests that you go to C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewAjax  and "add a line to the opendoc.html file", e.g.

var d1 = Qva.ExtractProperty("param1", null);

var d2 = Qva.ExtractProperty("param2", null);

call opendoc.htm?param1=20110713&param2=20110720

For more, check out How to transfer parameter in url? I use opendoc.htm to open a ajax client.

HTH

Charles