Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to Send Mail Alert if Reloaded with Batch File or Server.

Hi ,

I am Using QlikView 10 . I have a application used to send a alert mail (I am using Macro to send alerts) when the application is reloaded .

The Problem here is when I am reloading the application manually I can send the alert mail . But when I reload the application using Server or Using Batch File I am unable to send a mail .

Request your help on the above .

Regards,

Chakravarthy.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Can you give us some more details? How do you trigger the macro?

Remember that the Publisher does not have support for triggers.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

John.Lamb wrote:Remember that the Publisher does not have support for triggers.

John,

QV Publisher supports the OnPostReload trigger as of 9, and I believe in later 8.5 as well.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Taken from the manual:

QlikView Distribution Service does not execute any macros that may exist in the Source Document.

Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply. If it is not possible with the Server what about the batch file ?

I can send the Mail when I reload the application using Batch File . But the Problem is After reloading, application and batch file is kept open .(If reloaded with batch file, batch file and application get close automatically ). Is there any command that forcely closes the batch file after reload . Please guide me..............

Regards,

Chakravarthy.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Can you send the email without using a macro, instead using the native Alert mechanism? See

http://qlikviewnotes.blogspot.com/2010/12/alert-questions-answers.html

-Rob

hollinger
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

we run the batch reload with parameter /r. This reload send alert e-Mails.

Best regards

Winfried