Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
im_ic
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to apply license - Server is Down QlikView 12

Hello, All, I'm facing a issue where Apply License is greyed out and showing Server Down for QVS when QVS is running and all services are running using Service Account. Everything was working fine till now on single server, however now we have to run QMS on different machine and when adding QVS in QMC, unable to apply license and in Status tab shows QVS as down (disconnected), due to unable to apply license. Can Anyone help?
13 Replies
im_ic
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Just wanted to check one thing: Management Service box where I have to add QVS of another is using different service account with different domain from the one where QVS us running. So, due to different domains of server and different domains of service accounts can't add any of them in another Qlik Admin groups? Will that have caused any issue? As I can see QVS in another box, but when applying license shows Server down.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You stated in your other post you are using Certificate Trust option, so in that case the service accounts do not make any difference, other than the fact whatever account is running the services on each server does need to be in the QlikView Administrators local security group as well as local Administrators security group, but the QlikView Service authentications are being handled by our self-signed certificates which are created by QMS the first time the service starts and it realizes Certificate Trust is in use.  These certificates must exist on all nodes in the environment, so if QMS and QVS are on different machines, you have to get the certificate pushed from the QMS to the QVS server for starters.

Here are some Help links that may be useful:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Serve...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Serve...

The second one likely being the one of most use in this case, that will walk you through what you should have done to get the certificate pushed to the other server.  Once that is done, things should then go live.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
jltsupport
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Brett, Thanks for the update. I have already done the setup provided in your links, moreover when doing the step attached in screenshot I'm not getting that pop-up, although QVS gets added successfully in system tab.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

So what you likely have going on is a port issue at this point, be sure both TCP 4747 and 4749, the latter is what is used for the QMS to QVS certificate authentication, and I am betting that is blocked from the QMS to the QVS in this case?  If you are getting the dialog in the png you attached, if you go to the other server and open a web browser and put in the URL and then the password on the resulting page, you should receive a 'successfully unlocked' message at that point.  Sorry for the long delay here, I do not always get a chance to get back to posts quickly, apologies for that. 

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.