Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to get collaboration working

Hi guys,

I am trying to start with collaboration in QlikView, and have some problems:

- The documents can be accessed, however, I am unable to make new objects. On the server "allow server collaboration" is turned on, as well as the three document checkboxes. Also, i have installed the latest version of the qlikview plugin.

- Is there any way to differentiate between "professionals" and "analysers" using collaboration? The way I see it, collaboration is turned off or on for all users, without the ability to make any differentiation.

Hope you can help me.

Kind regards,

Michael Jacobs

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Do you have an Enterprise QlikviewServer?

If collaboration is enabled there, also check in "Document Properties|Server|Qlikview Server Collaboration"! The checkboxes must be activated.

With SmallBusinessEdition QlikviewServer collaboration is disabled.
Check for the line

DISABLE_COLLABORATION;YES;;

in your license file (LEF)

Not applicable
Author

As far as i know i have an enterprise qlikviewserver. It's a reseller's edition.

There is one checkbox in the management console which i have turned on, as well as three checkboxes within the qvw itself...

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Mike,

Also check under Sheet Properties --> Security tab to make sure that object creation is allowed.

As for your second question, you are correct that there is no way to differentiate between types of users in terms of object creation. However, I recently had the chance to come up with a sort of workaround for this: http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/25513/98122.aspx. Unfortunately I don't know of any easier way to limit object creation rights.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Vlad,

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, that is not the problem as well...

Tried several computers, and only one of them will allow object creation. The others don't. I really can't see what is going wrong.

I'll look into your suggestion concerning the creation rights.

Kind regards,

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Are you using the same username on each computer? Is Section Access defined restrictively? Are you using the same browser on the computer that is working as on the ones that are not? Same client?

Not applicable
Author

Vlad,

The document i am testing with is an empty document without any form of security. For the QVP server, i have allowed anonymous logon.

So in my opinion, the file is as open as can be.

The same browser and plugin are used.

Not applicable
Author

Which kind of CALs do you use with anonymous access? Session CALS?

Are you allowed to create Bookmarks and Reports on the Server? Or are these options grayed out as well?
QVServer can not have server objects (objects, bookmarks, reports) for anonymous users, as the server can not map between user and objects...

Hopefully this helps!