Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_BI
Creator
Creator

Unable to install QV server with license

Hi jagan -

Hope you can help me here as i have seen may of your contributions in this platform.I am trying to install qv on windows 2016 server with valid license key. 

Here how it do...

1. Created a windows user by going into run-->compmgmt. Add a user with and assign a password.

2. Added this user in the Administrator group.

3. Run the qvserver setup file version November2018. I don't have the publisher license, only the qv server license is available. The webserver used is qlikview and not IIS.

4. Provided userid and pwd during the installation. Note: i can also skip this during installation as i can run the services using a valid windows Service ID.

5. After the installation is completed, i have added the user and the Service ID to the "Qlikview Administrator Group".

6. Ran the 5 services. But Distributed service failed to start. 

7. I have opened the QMC in the browser. Here comes the problem. The QMC when opened in the browser prompted me for credentials, which i have given as i have created the user. After which, i can see the QMC but not any components. That is, i can see only QMC tabs without any description of the machine that is registered with the server. 

8. Issue two, i tried to run the services with service ID as well by provided the password and reran the services. Still the QMC is unable to make me see the description in the QMC console. 

9. Note:  All the qlikview port (qvs, qvws etc...) are opened, which is tested using c:\telnet localhost <qvlikview ports>

10. I have repeated this installation several times, but still unable to get the QMC console working. I have also done some troubleshooting like 

entered http://localhost:4780/qmc/SystemSetup.htm# which didnot return and XML in the browser.

Appreciate, you early response in this. 

Thanks,Sean.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sean_BI
Creator
Creator
Author

Quick update. 

Delete the folder c:\Program Data\QlikTech.  This is the culprit as when we install qlikview for it creates a data directory with log files in the location c:\program files\QlikTech. Deleting this directory will enable you to re-install qlikview correctly. If you are unable to see the directory QlikTech, go to the path and enable view hidden folders.

Note: The actual set-up files is located in c:\Program Files\Qlikview which is used for setup. 

Rgds, 

Sean.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Sean_BI
Creator
Creator
Author

Quick update. 

Delete the folder c:\Program Data\QlikTech.  This is the culprit as when we install qlikview for it creates a data directory with log files in the location c:\program files\QlikTech. Deleting this directory will enable you to re-install qlikview correctly. If you are unable to see the directory QlikTech, go to the path and enable view hidden folders.

Note: The actual set-up files is located in c:\Program Files\Qlikview which is used for setup. 

Rgds, 

Sean.