Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marsmike
Creator
Creator

Unable to load license key

I just got a new laptop for testing.  It's a Windows Surface laptop with Windows 8.  I have a developer license and am currently using QlikView 11 on another laptop.

I just downloaded the personal edition of QV 11 onto the new Windows 8 laptop.  I tried inputting my license key and control number but I get a message saying "Unable to obtain License Information for your license key.  Please contact QlikView support for assistance."

In addition to the license key and control number, you also have to provide a username.  Does the username have to be the same as on the old laptop?  How can I determine what usename was set up?  I don't see it listed anywhere within the app.

I also watched the 100 second video on how to add the license....that's when I get the error message.

Thanks,

Mike

3 Replies
sbaldwin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi, the username is irrelevant and doesn't go anywhere when you apply a license, could it be the licence cannot be deployed to more than 1 machine? however usually when i get that error it can be resolved by pasting in the LEF information, you can get this from your old machine here: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikView  (assuming windows 7)

Thanks

Steve

Jimmie_Gull
Employee
Employee

I agree with Steve, the user name is irrelevant. Did you have access to Internet at the time?

marsmike
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you, gentlemen.

According to QlikView, it is a licensing issue - the same license cannot be installed on two different machines at the same time.