Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to open QMC

Hi all,

We have installed QV Server version 11.20 on a virtual server 2008 with IIS7.

When we try to open QMC we get the message Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage and are not able to figure out why this is happening.

Does anyone have any tips on how to resolve this?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Linda

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I've tried to apply the changes mentioned in the posts you attached, but none of them solved the problem.

Actually the Access Point is not working any longer after this.

I'm not a server-person, so I'm sure that there is something I'm missing when it comes to the setup and configuration. If anyone has any tips or ideas I will appreciate it!

Regards

Linda

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

I believe Bill Britt can help here.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Giuseppe_Novello

Linda,

Make sure that you are in the server that Qlikview Management Console is installed, because if you are trying your local machine and using "http://localhost:4780/qmc " it won't work because the management console is not local to you machine.

If you trying within the server where the QMC is installed, instead of using "http://localhost:4780/qmc" change the "localhost" or "DNS name" like "machine name" with your "IP address", might be a DNS problem.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Greg_Williams
Employee
Employee

The user account you are using to start the Qlik Services > log on to the computer with those credentials. Log off > then log in again (as yourself) and test if the services start properly.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Greg,

Can you check to make sure that Internet Explorer Enhanced Security is turned off.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

I tried several things yesterday, but none of them solved the problem. When I logged on again this morning, all services were up an running and I'm now able to access the QMC. I'm not sure what actually fixed the problem, and that is a bit annoying! But at least it is working.

Thanks all!

Best regards

Linda