Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to reload with QV 9 Publisher using Oracle 64 bit Client

I develop QVWs using windows x86 running window xp professional. I have a 32 bit QLIKVIEW client version 9and 32 bit oracle client version 10 on this desktop. Our Oracle database is also version 10. I can connect to my oracle database using Microsoft OLEDB for oracle on the desktop. On server we have 64 bit QVS and publisher version 9 running on windows x64. The O/S is windows server 2003. We have Oracle 64 bit client version 10 on the server. Our window administrator team could not install 32bit oracle client on this server. The question is I am unable to reload my qvws on this server using the publisher tasks. It is unable to connect to the database. I can connect to the Oracle from the server using ODBC by creating the DSN. I can also connect using sqlplus. Is there any script change I have t do to connect to Oracle 64 bit client to reload using publisher task. Any solutions for this?

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thanks. We have both Server and Publisher License and we load using publisher. I could find the solution. If I use the Oracle OLEDB provider instead of the Microsoft OLEDB for Oracle I can load from the 64 bit Oracle and 64 bit Server as well.

Thanks to one and all for their inputs.