Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to start Qlikview services

We have an issue on one of our servers.

We are unable to start the Qlikview services only the Qlikviewserver is able to start without any problems.

the error message that we get is:

the qlikview directory service connector service on local computer started and then stopped.

In the eventviewer we get the following message:

Service cannot be started. System.PlatformNotSupportedException: Operation is not supported on this platform.

at System.Net.HttpListener..ctor()

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SharedHttpTransportManager.OnOpen()

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportManager.Open(TransportChannelListener channelListener)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TransportManagerContainer.Open(SelectTransportManagersCallback selectTransportManagerCallback)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelListener.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ChannelDispatcher.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)

at PIX.Services.ServiceSupport.QTServiceSupport.StartSoapService(Object serviceImpl, Int32 soapPort, QTServiceType mainServic...

The version of Windows = Windows 2008 R2

I think that it might have something to do with the temporary installation of IIS (which is already removed now from the server)

I have tried several things like reinstalling Qlikview server (version 11.20.12235.0)

reinstall of .net framework

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

Michiel

9 Replies
MichaelTerenzi
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Michiel,

This question is posted to the wrong forum. Please repost in this one: link

Please include the version of the .exe you downloaded and are installing as well.

- Michael

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Michiel,

Check to make sure the Service Account is a member of the local Machine Administrators group. It appears it is not able to setup (create) ports.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply,

The user is member of the local admin group and of the Qlikview administrators.
I install Qlikview server very frequently, but I've never seen this error message in the eventviewer:

Operation is not supported on this platform.

Michiel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Ok sorry for that.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Check to see if the user has "Log on as a batch Job"  notice the machine I have taken a screen shot from is restricted by a Group Policy  and will not allow the system to add members

3.png

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill,

The adminstrators are added to that security group, so that also doesn't seem to be the issue.

Just to be sure I added the user also to that group but it didn't work.

How can i see if there is a domain policy active like that you have?

thanks
Michiel

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Do you have someone there that has domain administrator rights? If so, change one of the failed service account to use his login and password. If it works then there is a policy that is causing your issue.

Bill

Giuseppe_Novello

Have you try to change the service account from Domain account to a local account?

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
MichaelTerenzi
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

You can also try to run under local system instead of a specified account

Best Regards,

Michael Terenzi

Sent from my iPhone