Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Uninstall QV Extension Object

Hi,

How can I 'uninstall' or 'unregister' some Extension object from below list?

error loading image

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Extension objects are stored in C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects (vista & seven) or C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Local Settings\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects. There is one folder per extension (it may be in a subfolder like QlikView\Examples), just remove the folder and the extension will disappear from the menu.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Extension objects are stored in C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects (vista & seven) or C:\Documents and Settings\[user]\Local Settings\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects. There is one folder per extension (it may be in a subfolder like QlikView\Examples), just remove the folder and the extension will disappear from the menu.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks,

it works. But where should I place those Extension folders (e.g. Gantt, WebPageViewer) to be visible to end users accessing application via Accesspoint?

Not applicable
Author

Server extensions are stored in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects (Vista/7) or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects (XP). You may have to create it if it does not exist (IIRC it is not created by the installation process).

Alternatively, you can specify any folder to store your server extensions in the QV enterprise management console (system tab->setup tab->qlikview server->folders tab). Strangely, you'll have to add an "Objects" subfolder to this folder that will contain all your extensions. Putting the extensions directly in the folder won't work.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks,

I still can't see Extenstions from ajax view on Accesspoint, but on QV developer client I can(when webview is on):

I pointed the path for QVS extenstions to my installation path:

I also enabled the check box 'Allow Extensions'.

Duno where is the problem :(.

Not applicable
Author

Issue fixed. Problem was in the path, it should be one folder 'above' the Objects folder.