Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Upgrade Server v10 SR3 to v11 latest release

I am working with a client that has enterprise server v10 SR3 and hoping they will upgrade to v11.  They are concerned that they might have compatibility issues with existing applications once moved to v11.  Can anyone tell me their experience with the same upgrade or a similar upgrade scenario.

Not sure this makes a difference but most existing applications are not built based on best practices.  No set analysis (all if() statements, deep snowflake schemas, more than one unrelated models, etc...  I am working on moving at least one divisions applications to follow best practices but the other divisions applications will be migrated over with existing models.

On the bright side, they have a full dev environment that we can use to test BUT I still have to convince them that it will work regardless of the dev availability.

3 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Go through the upgrade manual attached in below post

Re: Re: How to get traned on QlikView

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Ashfaq.  I have these manuals and I cannot find any information definitively answering my question above on compatibility issues. I am asking if anyone has experienced any issues or a confirmation that there are absolutely no compatibility issues with applications created using Desktop 10 when published to Server v11.    My client wants to be reassured before even upgrading the dev server.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

I Personally haven't seen any compatibility issue with this upgrades.

IF you Build application on V11 then move to V 10, then there may exists some compatibility issue. But not with your case.

Its always recommended to have latest version as it come up with lots of new features and big fixes.

The Only challenging part here is upgrade. Which can be solved by going through the document I suggest.

Hope it helps.

Regard

ASHFAQ