Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Upgrading of the QlikView Installation

Hi everyone

I upgraded newly a QlikView server installation in the development environment from 11.0 SR1 to 11.2 SR3. When I last time updated the development server, all license information, tasks and users information was intact in the QMC after the upgrade.

Afterwards the Test environment was updated, but this time by a person who is server administrator, but not QlikView administrator (as I am). This time all license, user and task information is gone and the server is unlicensed!

The test server and development servers are identical, and the test server is updated according to the same installation plan as was used for development server!

Do you have any idea about what was gone wrong? Could it be due to the installer role (lacking of QlikView administrator privileges)?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI,

Revert back to snapshot is the best option for time being.

Next time try with the QlikView administrator account i.e service account.

Regards

ASHFAQ

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Yes this may be one of the reason.

Which which account you installed it?

What was your rollback plan?

Did you took snapshot or backup earlier?

Regards

ASHFAQ

AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Ashfaq

yes, I took backup and snapshots. My rollback plan is to re-install the old version and using the QlikTech folder from earlier.

I was thinking to remove the new installation and re-install it by myself. Do you think that it will help?

You wrote that it could be one of the reasons, do you have knowledge of other ones?

Thank you 

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI,

Revert back to snapshot is the best option for time being.

Next time try with the QlikView administrator account i.e service account.

Regards

ASHFAQ

AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi

I've investigated these two installations again. Both accounts the installations were performed by are identical (both are QlikView administrators).

A difference is:

- the first installation which succeed, all document folders (incl. Root, mounted folders...) are local folders on the QlikView server

- in the second installation document folders are located on a file server and not on the QlikView server

Can it play a role why the setup data in the second instllation are disappeared?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Only Document folder on shared server should not cause this.

May be there is something else you need to look at.

Regards

ASHFAQ

AliAzizi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

but what should I look at?

The two servers are identical, and both are upgraded from the same version (11.0 SR1) to the new version (11.2 SR3). But there is an exception: The development enviroment where the upgrade succeed has Publisher, but Test environment where upgrade did not succeed has not! Could it be something that impact the upgrade?

Regards

Ali

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

No Not at all.

Publisher has nothing to do with this.

Regards

ASHFAQ