Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Upload Files to Qlikview Server

How do you upload qvw files to Qlikview server for other users to access them? I am able to "Open in Server..." and open the three default qvw files, but I have no idea how to load a qvw file that I created..

Thanks.

4 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Upload Files to Qlikview Server

Put the QVW files in the following folder: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents

And you will see that applications in the AccessPoint. This information you can find it in the Server Manual.

Not applicable

Where do I go to put them in that folder? And the server is on a server in the cloud, so how do I specify I want it to go to that server's C drive?

Not applicable

Hi

Whoever set up the QlikView server will be able to tell you the directory of the folder that holds the published QVW's shown on the access point.

To publish your document you need to place it in the folder and the QlikView server will do the rest assuming a standard config.

Thanks 

Not applicable

Thanks for this. The tricky part is that I am the one who set up the Qlikview Server and I am not all that knowledgable about configuration settings and servers. I do know which folder the files sit under on the server, but I don't know how to get my desktop QV to communicate with that specific drive (on our Microsoft server).

When I publish a qvw doc, I would imagine that to upload to the server it should follow some process which would entail "Saving as..." and selecting the folder associated with our QVS, but it doesn't seem to be this easy. Any more help would be appreciated.