Need help from experts to get some pointers in resolving performance issue in big qlikview application(problem is specific to this application when accessed from php front end). Here is the issue details.
1. qvw size - 1.9 GB ( Used from php based front end, when I open it in server, it works fine.)
2. No of Rows - 29 M
3. Qlikview Server Version - 11.2
4. Server RAM - 96 GB ( Showing 60-70% usage), Available RAM is normally 30 GB
5. CPU Cores - 24 ( The usage shoots up to 90-100% and stays there for more than 30-40 secs after every click)
6. Symptoms observed - When I repeat selections, it looks like its not picking object from cache and recalculates it again. Is that the reason CPU usage shoots up everytime. If Yes? then how to identify if its doing paging every time and cache is not enough or something?
When I make few selections to reduce data set, it works as desired.
With no selections, even clicking in time period list box with 20-30 entries takes more than 30 secs.
When no filter is selected or not enough filters are selected, and when I switch metrics between Sales and Margin(metrics/measures are dynamically applied through island tables), it takes same amount of time(No caching it seems?), that gives me some indication whether its doing paging and result-sets caching is not working.
With 98 GB total RAM and 65-70 GB RAM usage in task monitor, looks like there is enough for cache. Working set limit is set as default(70-90%)