Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Highlighted
Patrizia
New Contributor II

User Bookmark migration

Hello,

I need to migrate bookmarks created by users using the access point from an old server to a new one.

How it is possible to do it?

The old server was  Qlikview 11, the new one is Qlikview 12.

Could you please help me?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Support
Support

Re: User Bookmark migration

Hello Patrizia,

I assume we are talking about server side bookmarks or shared bookmarks, which are stored in the .shared files located alongside the QlikView documents. 

If so, then this article should answer the question: How to: Transfer server bookmarks between servers, domains, or users (KB 000030759)

In short, the server bookmarks are stored in the .Shared file and linked to their owners with DOMAIN\UserID. If this does not change, so the UserID and Domain remain the same, then all you need to do is move the .shared file with the document. 

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
For more Qlik Knowledge content, check out our Support Knowledgebase
2 Replies
Support
Support

Hello Patrizia,

I assume we are talking about server side bookmarks or shared bookmarks, which are stored in the .shared files located alongside the QlikView documents. 

If so, then this article should answer the question: How to: Transfer server bookmarks between servers, domains, or users (KB 000030759)

In short, the server bookmarks are stored in the .Shared file and linked to their owners with DOMAIN\UserID. If this does not change, so the UserID and Domain remain the same, then all you need to do is move the .shared file with the document. 

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to mark a correct resolution or answer to your problem or question as correct.
For more Qlik Knowledge content, check out our Support Knowledgebase
Patrizia
New Contributor II

Thank you Sonja it worked very well!! 🙂

For the other that will eventually read this, i've used "method 1" and also the following command to convert files to the new TShared format:

QVS.exe -x DashboardName.qvw.Shared -p -f tx

See: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Server/Content/QlikView-Server/QVSRM_Cl...