cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

User Bookmarks issue Qv11 SR7

Hi

We have recently upgraded our Qlikview version from Qv10 SR6 to Qv11 SR7.  Ever since the upgrade some of our customers are seeing issue creating new bookmarks.  Other users, admins and support are able to create bookmarks. Below is the error message.

Bookmark issue 1.jpg

If we press OK and continue while saving the bookmark we get below error.

Bookmark issue 2.jpg

We have checked the settings on QEMC and nothing has changed at the document level. Any suggestion or guidance is appreciated.

Thanks

Mak

Labels (1)
9 Replies
lft
Employee
Employee

Hi Mansoor,

I suggest you to get in touch with Qlik support. They will guide you with the most appropriate solution

If you don't know how to use support you can use our Qoncierge service

QlikView Support - Business Intelligence (BI) Reporting Software Solutions | Qlik

Loic

Giuseppe_Novello

Dear Mansoor,

What Browser and it version are using? If it is IE, can you try on a different browser like Chrome or FF? Do you have some sort of proxy?

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Loic,

We have requested our coordinator to contact Qliktech.

Thanks,

Mak

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Giuseppe,

This issue is happening irrespective of the browser.  The users are either using IE9 or the latest chrome version. 

Not sure if this is related but some other users who were able to create bookmarks have informed that their bookmarks do not hold layout state or selections.  They have shown me the selections and it seems the bookmark only captures the default sheet layout.

Thanks,

Mak

Giuseppe_Novello

Dear Mansoor,

Can't tell what could be happening, so far, I am testing SR7 and all works fine for me. Anyways, If you have users that do work but others don't work, I would compare both of them,  what is the differences between them. This will be crucial for the Qliktech support investigation, and also steps they do to replicate the issue.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Never heard of that before.

I believe you must contact with Qlik Support.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

So Qlik Support replied to our ticket, informing that the browser cache needs to be cleared and than bookmarks will start working.

We have not confirmed if this suggestion works as it happens with very few users and we cannot recreate the issue.

Thanks

Mak

schlettig
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Mansoor Khan,

did it work?

We have a similar issue at a 11.2 SR7 Server - not the xml error message - but Bookmarks not restoring selections.

Best regards,

Christian

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Christian,

Yes the solution worked but you will need to do a hard delete on the temporary internet files.   This is only needed to be done once per machine after which it works fine.

Regards

Mansoor