Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

User CALs deleted?

Hello,

Our QVS server is licensed for 130 user CALs. Approximately 115 exist on the server. This morning, all of the 115 existing user CALs were gone. There appears to be no record in Event Viewer on the Windows server of anyone logging in, so I don't know how anyone could have manually deleted these.

Is there a way to track what could have possibly happened to these CALs? I've checked the logs which are referenced under 'Logging' in the QVS Console, but I haven't found anything pertaining to the removal of these CALs.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Dave

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

We had this same problem. Turns out whenever server 8.5 would start using PF and using more memory then the physical server had the cal's would be erased. We've since upgraded and haven't had the issue again.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Anthony. When you say "upgraded", are you referring to the memory or did you upgrade to QVS 9.0?

Thanks again.

Dave

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, we upgraded the memory. We have yet to upgrade to version 9. Our version is 8.5

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. Much appreciated.