cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ndandrea
Partner - Contributor III

User can get to the accesspoint but can not see any documents

I have assigned CAL's and authorization to this user for a documents. Section access has been verified to be correct.

I see the following what I Think is an error in the C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DirectoryServiceConnector\Log log files: vwinchester is the user

12/23/2014 08:25:20.6161022Information(ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider) query: '(&(|(sAMAccountName=vwinchester)(name=vwinchester))(&(!(objectclass=computer))(objectGUID=*))(|(&(objectCategory=group)(groupType:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2147483648))(|(objectClass=User)(objectClass=person))))'
12/23/2014 08:25:20.7003422Information(ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider) query: '(&(sAMAccountName=VWinchester)(&(!(objectclass=computer))(objectGUID=*))(|(&(objectCategory=group)(groupType:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2147483648))(|(objectClass=User)(objectClass=person))))'
12/23/2014 08:25:20.7143822Information(ActiveDirectory.ADItem) Looking up memberof for node VWinchester
12/23/2014 08:25:20.7143822Information(ActiveDirectory.ADItem) No memberof attribute found, aborting search
12/23/2014 08:25:20.7143822InformationResolved 0 groups for careteamconnect\VWinchester:
12/23/2014 08:26:50.8052822InformationResolved 0 groups for TBrenner@careteamconnect.com:
16 Replies
ndandrea
Author

We are using Section Access and the user is setup the same as other users. I am not the developer of the qvw I just administer the server.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In addition to Bill's commenbt, you can perform a quick and very easy test on correct rights.

1. In the document root, use Windows explorer to open the porperties sheet of the problem document.
  2. Go to tab Security and click Advanced...
  3. Select tab 'Effective Permissions'.
  4. In the input field, enter domainname\accountname for the user that cannot open this document (press Select to navigate AD and locate the user ID)
  5. See what you get in the list below. NTFS should at least allow read access.

Best,

Peter

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I would contact support and see if they can help you figure it out. There is an issue with either section access or the user having NTFS permissions on the document.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
ndandrea
Author

Wouldn't this effect all users? I'm having an issue with only one user.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

No, it can affect only one user if they don't have the correct rights.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
ndandrea
Author

The user has read permissions.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Ok, then there has to be an issue in section access.

Bill