Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

User-prevented reload of a document

Good Morning,

my question is about the options of preventing an application from being reloaded - initated by a user through the webbrowser:

I was wondering if it is possible to give a certain user the option to set a variable in the load script via a button object? I'm asking because of a requirement that a certain user should be able to prevent the application from being reloaded.

So, instead of getting my head around EDX I was hoping to be able to define a script variable that is checked for TRUE/FALSE and if the variable is set to FALSE the data won't be reloaded for a given time period - of course the actual sever reload won't be affected - only the qvd files won't be updated with new data.

Can this be done? Macros? Or do I need to dig into EDX after all?

thank you,

Thorsten

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Thorsten,

The only way the users have to reload a document on the server is making them Document Administrators in the QMC, so they can get to their corresponding part of the QMC and create a new task.

Apart from that, clients do not allow reloading, either it is Desktop, Open In Server, Plugin or Ajax.

Then there is EDX, that means that using a third party software and calling the QMS API any user that is able to see the object with the action that triggers the task is able to actually run the task. Say that you have a button object with a show condition that is only true for a given list of users, for example:

Match(OSUser(), 'DOM\USER1', 'DOM\USER2')

As only users 1 and 2 can see the object, they are the only ones allowed to call the EDX task.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel for the information. Just to clarify - is it also possible to disable a reload schedule using EDX?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

If you do not allow in the Trigger tab of the task in the QMC to be triggered by EDX (external event) then there will be no way to gracefully reload by EDX, as Publisher will not recognize the command.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel