Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

User shared object on server not showing

I have a user that has created some shared objects in his Qlikview.

I can see them in the management console as server objects but can't see them in the actual document.

What would be the solution to this?

7 Replies
shawn-qv
Creator
Creator

Has he/she enabled sharing?

Either by checking the "Share Bookmark with other Users" at the time of adding the bookmark?

Or using the "Share Permissions" function in the Server Objects Pane (plugin) or Repository (ajax).

S.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Shawn

It's actually a table they have created. I can see it in the management console on our development server but if I open the doc I can't see it

shawn-qv
Creator
Creator

Conrad, I'm not sure you're talking about the same thing.

Objects (i.e. Tables, Charts, etc...) which the users can create through their web browser are "Server Objects", and you can see how many server object(s) has been created via management console.

When you say "if I open the doc i can't see it" ... do you mean when you open the .qvw file and you can't see the object(s)?

Server Objects will only be visible/accessible if you're browsing the application via the server  (i.e. Access Point), and these objects will not be saved to the source QVW file.

If this is not what you're trying to say, then you may have to provide a bit more explanation.

S.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

By default, only the creator will see his/her own server objects in an AccessPoint document. All other users to which a server object has been shared, must first import/place this object from the repository into their own copy of the document in the AP. Look for the repository button in the AccessPoint toolbar.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

The user has created an object I want to add and make available for everyone.

I'm not using access point but directly on the development server. Can I add this server side to make available for everyone?

Thanks

Conrad

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No you cannot. Only the creator can make this new object available to everyone, but it won't become visible to anyone in the AccessPoint until users start importing the server object into their own copy of the document.

What you can do however - and this seems to be like an ideal moment to do it - is transfer the server object from the accesspoint into the master QVW document and republish the new release. How?

• First either obtain the logon credentials of the creator, or import his/her object into your own copy of the document in the AP.
  • Launch QV Desktop and open the original QVW file in development.
  • Now open a second document, but this time using Open In Server. Go to the AccessPoint and either open your copy of the AP document (if you placed the server object in your copy too) or use the credentials of the creator to open his/her AP copy with the new server object.
  • Select the new object in the AP document and select Edit->Copy.
  • Go to the QVW version and select Edit->Paste.
  • TADA !

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can open the access point version of the document in the desktop version of QlikView.

Alternatively, if you want to add that shared object into your view of the app, just click on "Repository". Then "Objects", and drag and drop the one you want.

This is a screenshot from Chrome.

QlikView Repository.png

In Internet Explorer plugin you click the "Server Objects" button, then drag'n'drop the object of interest:

QlikView User Objects.png