Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Users can't access to their assigned document

Hi everyone,

One of my client got a SBE, (10.0.9061.7) and recently assigned 3 new users to a document with a document CAL for each of them.

For this document, 12 users are assigned, including the newcomers.

The thing is, that the 3 newcomers can't have access to this document, but the 'old' users are able to reach it.

When using the computer of these newcomers , I.Explorer tells that the web page doesn't exist.

For information, There're 10+ document CAL still availalble.

I don't know if it's a bug, or something else.

Can someone help me?

Regards,

Will

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Will,

Do old and new users belong to the same domain? Are their assigments made the same way (DOMAIN\USERNAME) Are you using custom directory or NTFS? Are the users Authorized in the User Document part of the QMC?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hola Miguel,

All users are in the same domain.so their assignments are strictly made the same way.

How do I check if the users are in custome directory or NTFS. (users are registered in LDAP)

What do you mean by  : Are the users authorized in the User Document part of QMC?

Will

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Will,

To check what directories are set up in the QMC go to System, Setup, Directory Service Connectors, expand and check which one has a username and password.

In regards to licenses, since QlikView relies on the OS for security (except when it uses DMS), you can assign licenses to users that are not granted permissions to read/list/write the file in the filesystem. You can check this:

• If NTFS is configured: right click on the file or folder where the files are stored and check the Security tab to make sure that those users are allowed to see the file (or that they belong to a group that is).
  • If DMS, go to the QMC, Documents, User Documents, click on the document and the Authorization tab, and make sure users are there.

Hope that helps.

Miguel