Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.
I'm into integrating Qlikview with an Linux-based Java webportal.
Running QV 11 SR2 with QVWS.
On server system-security tab in QMC:
Anonymous users prohibited
DMS authorization selected
On QVWS authentication-tab
Default login page
I have some Named CALs and some Session Cals as well as some Usage Cals.
Users log in to the portal and the MySQL-DB associated with the portal holds two tables, one for entities and one for groups as stated in the help of 'Configurable ODBC' DSC
Not very documented is that the two tables/ views shall look like
entityid name descr email
1 Gunnar Gunnar Gunnar@company1.com
2 user2 user1 email@example.com
3 group1 group1
4 user3 user1 firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyway that stuff seems to work since I'm able to distribute documets to the users in that table.
Then the Java-code on the Linux-machine asks for a WebTicket from the QV-server.
The QVS then asks for the credentials of a user on the QV-windows server that is member of the Qlikview Administrators group.
That users credentials are passed in from the Java-code with the use of cURL
The response is a ticket:
That ticket is used in a URL to let the user in.
In my case I perform the above links in Chrome signing in with my standard user when asked so being a member of the "Qlikview Adminsitrators" group.
Then to avoid the browser sending my standard credentials behind the scene when using the link below I test this by using an incognito window in Chrome:
I can point the user with the WebTicket to the AccessPoint
The user can see the QV-documents he is allowed to see on the server and in the upper right corner I can see "Welcome Gunnar"
BUT BUT BUT when he select a document a LOGIN-prompt is fired.
Now comes the funny thing. If I cancel the LOGIN-prompt the document will show up!
The LOGIN-prompt is also there if I point the URL directly to a document:
Any hints on what to do to get rid of the annoying useless LOGIN-prompt?
I have tested this and I do not see the issue you are seeing. can you post a screen shot of the login prompt you are getting?
As I said in the previous answer, i'm having the same issue.
After a successful login, when I try to access a document, the browser shows the standard login dialog, when I cancel the dialog, a popup appears displaying the message "Failed to authenticate", then, when I press on Accept, the document is shown correctly.
Please note that I'm testing on a Internet site, not LAN. I'm tried with IE, Firefox and Chrome with identical results.
Are you using QVWS or IIS?
This is my screenshot. As you can see in the upper right corner the document is loading in the background. Removing the prompt by either clicking cancel or ok while leaving the fields blank will let me see the document.
This behaviour is shown both when I'm accessing the server over internet AND when running everything (getWebTicket and user-URL) on localhost. The very important thing when testing this is to open an incognito-window to be sure no old stored user-credentials are passed automatically by the browser.
I also tested to give a ticket to a user that is a member of the local 'Qlikview Administrators' -group just to see if the error was correlated to my use of a 'Configurable ODBC' -DSC. It doesn't matter in which DSC the user is located it's the same behaviour.
Seems like I got rid of the annoying login prompt.
By changing On QVWS authentication-tab into (System->Setup->Qlikview Webservers)
Alternate login page (web form)