Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
picturebox
Contributor

Using Plug-In under Win Vista

Hello,

we have a number of users using the plug-in 09.X SR 5 or 6 together with Vista. This is showing a series of problems, such as not being able to copy, or export to Excel and other right mouse menu related problems. IS this a general Vista problem, is there any way of getting around these problems?

Thanks,

Petra

3 Replies
isaiah82
Contributor III

Hi Petra - those issues sound like these I've seen when using a mismatched version on the client compared to what the server is running. Can you confirm your clients are using the same plug-in version as the server? I've had pretty good luck with QV and Vista myself. -Isaiah

Not applicable

I had the same problem.
I solved it by installing Microsoft Office.

picturebox
Contributor

Hello,

thanks for the reply. I waited to hear back from my user. We have the same release versions server and plug-in, so this is not the problem. The Office version installed is a 2007 I believe, but I will recheck that.

I have asked him to check through to make sure that he is set on trusted sites for the server access too. I think itr may be a security issue.

Regards,

Petra

Community Browser