Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using Real Time updates in QV9

I was playing with the real time updates sample which works locally with an excel sheet running the qv updates but I couldn't get it to work in qlikview server. How can I make updates to data in a qvw that's loaded in qlikview server?

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You have to specify qvp://<server>/real_time.qvw

/Jerry

GabrielAraya
Employee
Employee

Hi .. and I think that you need a special license to run Real Time

Gabriel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Correct Gabriel,

Here's basically what is required for Real-Time Dynamic Data Update to work in a client/server environment:

1. License needs to have DYNAMIC_UPDATE;YES;; tag.
2. QlikView > Settings > Document Properties > Server > Enable Dynamic Data Update = CHECKED
3. QlikView > Settings > Document Properties > Server > Enable Push from Server = CHECKED
4. Make sure that the following key is present in registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Settings 7
AllowDynamicUpdate
Value: 1
This key is modified by the license and there's a checkbox under the QVS security settings that displays if the license has Dynamic Update or not. (Looking at the checkbox in the QEMC should be enough)

5. The user doing an Insert/Update/Delete needs to be allowed to modify the document on the server and thus has to be a member of the QlikView Administrators group on the machine running QVS.

Not applicable
Author

I'll clarify my question.

I don't have a problem with thses settings. I don't want to run the excel sample and have it open QVE to update a qvw on the server. I want to make an ajax call or a qvpx call to get data updated in the qvw that's on the server.

The point is to update without having to reload everything (for example, to set the current price of a stock without having to regenrate the qvw that has all the customer's transaction history for all stocks in his account)

Not applicable
Author

It seems that you want to reload and distribute an application by running an EDX trigger ?

Not applicable
Author

That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. It takes too long to reload and if I have to do it for just a few values and very often, it won't be usable.

Not applicable
Author

So if I'm right, you want to have a batch updating the application located on the server (real time update) then push it to all clients ?

I don't think this is possible as updates are not stored in the qvw.

You have two solutions:

Triggering and EDX partial reload and distrib which can be quite fast but not in real tilme

Or haviing the Real time licence for QVE (as said previously)...

If there is something I don"t understand, please tell me.

Rgds,

Sébastien

Not applicable
Author

As the thread title states, I'm interested in doing this with the real time update. the license is for QVS not QVE and it works if you open the qvw from the server with QVE. I want to use the same real time updates without having a QVE open or even installed (by using the AJAX client or QVPX)

Not applicable
Author

I'm afraid you can't do that...