Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Using my own licence at a client site

I've been pondering getting a Qv licence for my own use (mostly so I can open files I find on the forum), it's been a while since I've used Qv, but now I'm at a client who has it again my interest is re-awakened

Unfortunately I'm not in the "correct" department as regards being assigned a Development licence (I'm told there are none spare anyway) and the department I'm in don't realise the benefits of using Qv to pull together & manipulate scrappy data from disparate sources over, say, Excel VBA (10 points to anyone who can guess what kind of organisation my client is!)

I'm wondering if I could register my own licence (if I purchase one) on the client's server and then "de-register" when I move on? I'd be amazed if I could use the same licence concurrently at the client site & home, but could probably get a VPN connection while I'm working for them.

1 Reply

Re: Using my own licence at a client site

Rob,

You are allow to use the license on one machine, if you use it on multiple machine at the time:

1- You'll the the error that license is not valid ( like MS when it tells you license is not "Genuine")

2- You'll be violating the Qlik License agreement.

Now, you may un-register the license and move it along to different machine once you finish working with that client. You just open Qlikview> settings> user preferences > license > "clear license information".

Once its clear you can take it and place it on another machine, but again 1 license : 1 machine.

I would guess the client is a bank institution?

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik