Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

VIM Syntax Highlighting? Or...?

Does anyone have a plugin for VIM that will do the syntax highlighting?  Or maybe for some other editor?

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Oh, man--that would be super handy.

You ever find anything that would work?

Not applicable
Author

No, I haven't found anything yet.  I did find something for Notepad+ but I never use it so it didn't help me.

chris3669
Contributor III
Contributor III

Not applicable
Author

Oooo! This is awesome--best news I've had all week.

Just cloned the repo and installed it--looks great so far. I'll keep you posted on how it shakes out in real life. Thanks!    

maksim_senin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Guys,

I'm sorry for a stupid question, but how VIM helps with QlikView or vise versa???

Thanking you in advance.

Best regards,

Maxim

chris3669
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Maxim,

Vim (and GVim) is a very powerful text editor.

it is easier to maintain all scripts on qvs files and use includes on qvw files. So you can recycle script pieces around and being able to use GIT tools.

Also, its not nice being stuck with white background on the script window.

Its is all about the script part of Qlikview.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

I use vim, almost eclusively, for editing every kind of text. Once you get the keybindings into muscle memory, it's much faster/easier to edit in Vim than anywhere else.

Editing .qvs scripts in Vim will be much easier/faster/better than doing it in Qlikview.

maksim_senin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Christian, Jake,

Thanks, I assume that, but this means you store your scripts outside your QVWs, right?

We have some externaly stored parts of scripts but it is hard to imagine a work process when all or most part of scripts are stored in external files.

Please provide some details how you work with this when you have time. It's very interesting.

Thanking you in advance.

Best regards,

Maxim

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I think you better launch a new discussion on this subject. It's a bit off-topic. And you might attract more feedback from people not really interested in using Vim.

Peter