Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Various QVS Problems

Hi All,

Firstly, I cannot set the Logging Level on the DSC to 'Debug Logging'.

I select Debug logging and apply, but the selection defaults back to Normal logging.

error loading image

error loading image

Secondly, I have no "c:\documents and settings\all users\Application Data' directory, to access the service-specific logs.

error loading image

Thirdly, I have consistent issues with the DSC as status Disconnecte, however the Service seems to be running ok.

error loading image

Another point of interest for me is why some functions of the QVS are achieved out of the QMC, and some from the QEMC. I would have thought if you've got a QEMC level license, you wouldn't need to use the QMC.. but this doesn't seem to be the case.

What is the advantage of maintaining the two at the same time?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Matt,

To get the ball rolling.. the Application Data folder is a hidden folder in windows so turn on the display of hidden files and you should be able to find it.

As for why you can't change the logging level I have no idea but it sounds very strange. What exact version of QVS is this?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Matt,

To get the ball rolling.. the Application Data folder is a hidden folder in windows so turn on the display of hidden files and you should be able to find it.

As for why you can't change the logging level I have no idea but it sounds very strange. What exact version of QVS is this?

Not applicable
Author

Johannes,

Thanks for that.

This is on 9.0.7257.6

Bwlow is an excerpt from the DSC log file to further troubleshoot the DSC issue;

7/12/2009 03:28:45.3426250 Warning (LocalDirectory.LocalItem) Error generating legacyid: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
7/12/2009 03:29:15.4207500 Warning (LocalDirectory.LocalDirectoryProvider) Exception in background directory reader: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
7/12/2009 03:29:16.1707500 Information Start webservice call SetupResource with path LDAP://cls.coslog.com
7/12/2009 03:29:16.1707500 Information (ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider) Looking up RootDSE: LDAP://cls.coslog.com/RootDSE
7/12/2009 03:29:23.3426250 Warning (ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider) Fetching directoryentry LDAP://cls.coslog.com/RootDSE failed: The server is not operational.

7/12/2009 03:29:23.3426250 Warning (ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider) Exception while initializing LDAP://cls.coslog.com: The server is not operational.

7/12/2009 03:29:23.5613750 Information Start webservice call SetupResource with path local://DataServer
7/12/2009 03:29:23.5613750 Information (LocalDirectory.LocalDirectoryProvider) Setting up path local://DataServer
7/12/2009 03:29:23.5926250 Error (LocalDirectory.LocalDirectoryProvider) Error setting up path local://DataServer: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
7/12/2009 03:29:23.5926250 Information Start webservice call SetupResource with path LDAP://cls.coslog.com
7/12/2009 03:29:23.5926250 Information (ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider) Looking up RootDSE: LDAP://cls.coslog.com/RootDSE
7/12/2009 03:29:30.3426250 Warning (ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider) Fetching directoryentry LDAP://cls.coslog.com/RootDSE failed: The server is not operational.

7/12/2009 03:29:30.3426250 Warning (ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider) Exception while initializing LDAP://cls.coslog.com: The server is not operational.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Matt,

I would highly recommend updating to the latest QVS release, which is 7320. You're running SR1 now. SR2 solved a lot of problems with the previous release.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Vlad, i'll try that.

lhr
Employee
Employee

the logging thingy is a known bug in the DSC, unfortunately it is also present in SR2. as for the log file... it sure looks like it is having a hard time. is it possible that the machine actually is out of memory? is the machine a domain controller (local users on a domain controller is a no-go)?

talking to active directory it gets "server not operational"... something is very wrong. does the account running the service have sufficient permissions to query the active directory and the machine with the local users? what operating system is it running on?

cheers,

lars

Not applicable
Author

We aren't experiencing this problem anymore. Once/ if I found out the cause, I'll let you all know.

Thanks for your help.