Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

WARNING in Log File

Can anyone tell me what the following warning means and if I need to take any action? This is the end of a log file from a reload task that took about 10 minuites to run. Version 9.0 SR1.

(2009-10-12 15:13:20) Information: Closing the document.

(2009-10-12 15:13:21) Warning: The QlikView Engine isn't responding to close command, it will be killed (Please ignore logged errors about the kill).

(2009-10-12 15:13:21) Information: Killing the QlikView Engine. ProcessID=1304

(2009-10-12 15:13:21) Information: Closed the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=1304

(2009-10-12 15:13:21) Information: Initializing (0), Finished (890)

(2009-10-12 15:13:21) Information: Reload completed successfully.

(2009-10-12 15:13:21) Warning: The task "Reload of Under Development\FG Create Daily QVD Files.qvw" finished with warnings. WarningCount=1

9 Replies
vupen
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

The qvw's log file will have more info of any error/warnings. This log file will be located in the same location as the qvw.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I didn't find anything about this warning in the QVW's log file. It just has script activity in it.

Not applicable
Author

I am getting the same waring . I will appreciate to have any update with this issue.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I ran into this issue also. Did you create your reload task in QMC? If so, delete it and try creating it in QEMC. I did not get the warning after that.

Thanks,

JS

lhr
Employee
Employee

if the qvw file is reloaded properly you can ignore this warning. it is basically because the QDS on some occasions think the qlikview engine is taking too long to close so instead it kills the process in a more brutal way.

cheers,

lars

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I would hope that someone at QlikView would be looking at correcting this. Some of us are using this status to verify that EDX calls are complete. If a Warning is not a Warning, then it should be fixed.

Thanks,

JS

Not applicable
Author

Thanks JS , Scheduling it from QEMC solves this issue.

lhr
Employee
Employee

@jsomsen

looking at the quoted log above the reload was in fact completed, but the ride wasn't as smooth as one would hope, so the qds gives a warning. if it would have been fatal for the task it would have been an error.

lars

Not applicable
Author

I have a similar error and fails before.

Can you help me?

http://community.qlik.com/thread/47001?tstart=0