Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Warning QVGeneral: MetaService - HasAccess: Empty User has found. Access deny into document

Recently we upgraded our server to QV12SR2. When I check out QVS Event log, I notice that there are many warnings with the message below:

"Warning    QVGeneral: MetaService - HasAccess: Empty User has found. Access deny into document <Path to QVW>"

Anyone have any idea what is this warning about? We don't have this before the upgrade.

14 Replies
Sturonek
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone came up with an explanation for this?  I am seeing these logs about every minute throughout the day.

Josh_Berg_Support

This error refers to an unauthenticated or unauthorized user trying to get access to a Qlikview document from the Accesspoint.  The line should look something like this:

500 Warning System: MetaService - HasAccess: Empty User has found. Access deny into document Sandbox\TEST.qvw

QVWS wasn't able to authenticate the user (basically prove they say who they say they are) which denied them access to the document they were trying to access, in the above exmaple, TEST.QVW.  I would take a look at your QVWS settings in the QMC under QMC > System > Setup > expand QVWS > Authentication, it should be set to Always, this will keep unauthenticated users (anonymous) users from being able to access your Accesspoint and QVWs.  It would also be a good idea to check with your users to make sure everyone is accessing QVWs through the Accesspoint and not using a link directly to the QVW which may bypass the authentication portion of getting access to the document.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
MuizNaseem
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi there, 

I have been getting this error after initializing active directory and assigning licenses to specific users. But on regular basis its only lets the user log in which is logged into the clients server no one else in the access point. Now once i opened the events log file i did get this specific error. 

warning system : meta service - has access : Empty user has found

Any help will be highly appreciated 

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

@Anonymous wrote:

!how do I see the High Verbosity settings in QVW, if it is configured?

Hello!

This should help with finding where to set the log level: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000003266

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
ANovoa
Contributor
Contributor

This is happening to us as well.

We have set the QVS Event Logging to High Verbosity, but the user id is not showing up.

The session ID associated to these entries is not related to any actual user id and is not showing up in either the Sessions or Audit logs.

Has anyone figured out a way to identify which user is attempting to open a report the dont have access to and creating this log entry?

I am not even able to see an IP or anything associated to these log entries.