Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexantone
Creator
Creator

Web server IIS or QVWS

Hello

How can we determinate the kind of web server who has been configured on Qlikview Server?

IIS or Qlikview Web Server

Can we see this information on QMC?

i have already read some things on QMC  options but i 'm not sure about this way

Environnement :

upagrading V11 to V12

Thank for our return

Labels (1)
4 Replies
alexantone
Creator
Creator
Author

On

System\Setup\Management Service \Qlikview Web Server

xml file

We don't have information about kind of web server

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

On a working QlikView server:

• check on your server whether IIS has been installed (not installed by default on Windows Servers) and in the services control panel on your server whether the QlikView Settings Service is running -> IIS is used to display the AccessPoint.
  • check in the services control panel on your server whether QlikView WebServer service is running -> QVWS is being used to display the AccessPoint
  • if neither of these two checks produces positive results, the web server is running somewhere else. You can still perform the above two checks, but this time on the correct machine.

During preparation for a new installation

The QlikView Server installer will detect whether IIS has been installed already. In that case, you are offered a choice between installing the QlikView Settings Service or the QVWS. That's correct, you can still install the QVWS on a machine that is already running IIS.

Best,

Peter

alexantone
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Peter

iis configuration qv11 can change after upgrade (after clik on iis server on installer step) or not ?

I think yes unfortunately. ..

After migrating only services on publisher is ok...the others service from server are down ...or not responding

One machine with Qlikview server

One others machine with Qlikview publisher

It is the second failed migration of the Day .

Snapshot is m'y friend

Cheers

vchoudh2
Contributor
Contributor

Check if Folder name is "Web Server Settings" then it QVWS