Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What you think which license I can use?...

What you think which license I can use?

Users are just seeing the reports on the website.

So will it better to ask for Session CAL?

Thanks & Regards,

Sneha Topre

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

That's not easy to answer. It depends on the frequency a user needs to work with QV.

A session CAL is quite expensive and only pays off, if the license is released by the users quite frequently (i.e. if the license it's locked by e.g. same 4 users all day, it's probably cheaper to buy named user CALs or even document CALs, if the user only requires to see 1 document).

I suggest that collect some statistics / assumptions on the document usage across your users, then meet with your QV sales rep or QV partner to discuss possible license scenarios.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Adding to Swuehi, If you have less number of report in your environment ,  then the Document CAl will be cheaper , you can buy a specific number (depend on your parllel user count) of Document CAL and assign the same to the respective document.

Thanks,

D J