Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

While assigning Document CAL, do we need to check Folder access level also?

Hi Experts

After assigning  a Document CAL to any user to the document say XYZ, do we need to provide  access at folder level ?

I mean when report XYZ is in a folder then after right click

right click-->properties-->security-->we need to provide group or user name here.

Is this process necessary? or simply applying Document CAL through QEMC-->Documents-->User Documents--> in Document CAL tab we need to specify

username & No of CALs allocated to this document ?

Please help me..!!!

BR

Avantika

7 Replies
lhr
Employee
Employee

answer is yes you need to specify file access (or dms access depending on what mode you run the qvs in) even if you assign a document cal to a user.

cheers

Not applicable
Author

Hi lhr

I mean if that report XYZ  is  on C:\USerDocument\ Application, in that  case do we need to provide access to

USerDocument, Application folder also with XYZ report ?  IF this is the case then if I assigned 80 licenses, is there any way to provide access to USerDocument, Application folder ?

Regards

Avantika

lhr
Employee
Employee

hello,

i am not 100% i follow, but a user needs access to the files, not to the folders. document cals are assigned to users for each document. there is no way to assign document cals to "all documents in folder xyz" for example.

if this doesn't answer, please clarify.

Not applicable
Author

okay, got your point. But then I need to add 80 uers to the access.

I mean right click on that report-->Properties--> security-->here we need add 80 users name.

lhr
Employee
Employee

or if you can make your it-department add those 80 users to a group you only need to add the group to the security properties.

Not applicable
Author

okay, that will be good option.

thanks..!!

Not applicable
Author

Hi

What about Named CAL, if we assigned a Named CAL then also we need to provide access to report  ?