Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why I am unable to get a specific start time for a particular application in QMC ?

My start  time is always fluctuating for my mentioned applications.Is there any issue with the frequencies I have given or  any other issues.Please help.

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

If you are chaining multiple tasks it could be influence the individual start times especially if the tasks don't always do the same and/or if there are not enough resources for all running processes on your machines. Another point is if you have more running tasks as distribution engines (qvb.exe) your tasks will be queued.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your reply.

Please Find the screenshots which will help you to understand my problem better.

->You can find in the Screenshot that for the app 01 HAL Extract P6 values,it has its last execution time at 20.30 and scheduled to start at 6.30,where as we have set the start time at 5.30 everyday and the frequency is 2.30 hrs.task2.png

Untitled.jpg

->If we do the calculation it takes the trigger interval even after the end time.Is this a product feature or a bug.Can't I get the same  start time everyday?

->My concern is if the start time  keeps on changing for everyday for each app,then there might be a situation where we will see two applications running simultaneously because of the frequency we have given, which will increase the CPU utilization(Though it doesn't have any business impact).

marcus_sommer

I wouldn't think that it is a bug - rather that it worked as designed because the execution will happens after each 2.5 hours starting at 05:30. That meant:

05:30

08:00

10:30

13:00

15:30

18:00

20:30

23:00

01:30

04:00

06:30

Because your 2.5 hours trigger didn't fit with the 24 hours logic the start-times will change on every day. Maybe it's an option for you to adjust the trigger-interval to 2 or 3 hours and you should get the same running-times for each day.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your reply,I guess this will help.