Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why does my project freeze, Does anyoen can help?

Hi everyone,

I have created a project which reads from ODBC connection and it holds about 22 million records. There are aditional no synonyms. The project has three pages and 20 tables in total.

Here is the problem: When aI first created the project it read the records and reacted to clicks in a plausible period of time. But now I can't have any results to my clicks. It just freeze and turns into "not responding" mode. Moreover when I try to open the project It takes about at least an hour?

I can send the mapping structure and information of tables. Does anyone have idea, why can it be occured or how can I deal with this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I would save a copy of the app, open that copy without data and run a small debug on it. 22 mill records shouldn't take an hour to open - I suspect you might have some synthetic keys that are causing this behavoiur.

Give it a try and post back

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I would save a copy of the app, open that copy without data and run a small debug on it. 22 mill records shouldn't take an hour to open - I suspect you might have some synthetic keys that are causing this behavoiur.

Give it a try and post back

Not applicable
Author

Hi, thank you for your kind reply.

First I didn't used any synthetic keys, just gave some alias in order to manage mapping. the project had only four synonims.

Just made one or two changes in aliases and run it on the debug mode with limited number of records. In the result I achieved to decrease number of synonims to two. Surprisingly it is now working fine.

May I ask one more question? I am using many cyclic groups (about 15) in order to have more effectine presentation. Does using this much groups may efect my projects overall performance or increase the phsical size of the project?

Not applicable
Author

I have never studied the effect of cyclic groups so I can't say for sure, but I would suspect that they do have an effect.

You could try to choose one of your choises in a table with cyclic groups and then go in Settings, Document properties, Sheets and see the Calc time and memory for that table. Then remove the cyclic group and insert one option as dimension.

Then go into Settings, Document properties, Sheets again and see the Calc time and memory for that table that now no longer has any cyclic groups. This will give you an idea of the effect.