Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Announcements
QlikWorld, June 24-25, 2020. Free virtual event for DI and DA gurus. Register Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

access QVW file with qvp:// link

Hi,

I can open my QVW file from Access Point, by selecting IE Plugin, but cannot open it by directly using link qvp://localhost/myApp.qvw,  can anyone tell me how is that?

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: access QVW file with qvp:// link

Hi, where are you using that link? in an action of a button?

Try setting server name or IP instead of 'localhost'

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi  Rubenmarin

Thanks for your reply,  I'm on the server, that is why I use localhost instead of server name/IP.

Highlighted

I still need answer for the question to try to understand what's happenning: where are you using that link? in an action of a button, link on a table? wich error it returns?

Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

AFAIK the qvp-protocol is used to open an application on the server with the desktop client and therefore your approach shouldn't work. Just look with the IE plugin on the url-design of your application - you may change them to another application and store the url within an external link / bookmark / a QV button - and if the url is valid it should work to open an application with it directly (I'm not sure if it's worked (with a re-direction) if you don't use SSO for the authentication).

- Marcus