Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

connect ipad to non AD Server?

Hi All,

My server went bang this evening.

I've got QVWS running happily on my windows 8 laptop but haven't a clue how to connect other devices to it.

Everything I've done before has been via AD & a domain which was nice and simple

Any advice greatfully received

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That sounds like it's not really a QlikView problem. More like a networking problem. Does your laptop have a fixed (internal) ip address? Has the firewall on your laptop been turned off? Has your ipad an address in your home network? Then it should work. Connect to the server using an IP-address instead of a domain name.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Where is QVS installed?

If everything is installed on a laptop, you can still use a company AD (slows down some operations because of timeouts) or you can start defining accounts in your local machine domain. Add a DSC line of type "local directory" to the Directory Service.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

QVS and everything else is all on one laptop at home which is not attached to any domain or AD.

Basically we have a trial of the small business server for testing an ipad app which I am running at home. We've only got the license for a month which is why I wanted to get it running on the laptop while I wait for the new PSU for my server (again at home)

All QV is running under a local user and its running fine, I can connect to the access point on this machine either via local host or the ip address but the ipad won't resolve the address through safari or the app.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That sounds like it's not really a QlikView problem. More like a networking problem. Does your laptop have a fixed (internal) ip address? Has the firewall on your laptop been turned off? Has your ipad an address in your home network? Then it should work. Connect to the server using an IP-address instead of a domain name.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

Hi Peter,

Thank you, I hadn't spotted the firewall

However, I now can't get the app to connect! Safari can see the access point just fine