Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

date format issue- append qvds

Hi,

I am trying to append my QVD's and I seem to keep getting this issue. I have tried so many different formats of date but I still keep getting this issue- literal string does not match.

The START_DT field is what I am using in my where clause to work out new entries in the table from the database.
If I load the field without any where clause, it's fine and the format of these fields is DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss.

I created a variable vCurrentDay and it looks like this:
vCurrentDay = DATE((date(Today())-1), 'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss[.fff]')

So my variable is in the same format.

Then when I use my variable in the where clause as such: where START_DT >= '$(vCurrentDay)';

The issue will show.
I have tried a number of ways of writing the format, changing the format on the load section etc but keep getting error messages.

I really don't know what to do to fix this. Can anyone help?
Any help is much appreciated.

I am running version 10 SR1. *this is in the wrong forum because I keep getting an error when I try and upload this query to the developer forum*

Thanks

1 Reply
tresesco
MVP
MVP

if all the other things are fine, it could be an issue with LET or SET. What are you using to define the variable ? try with alternative. you can check the value in the variable using TRACE command followed by a SLEEP command.

regards, tresesco