Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

date format issue- append qvds

Hi,

I am trying to append my QVD's and I seem to keep getting this issue. I have tried so many different formats of date but I still keep getting this issue- literal string does not match.

The START_DT field is what I am using in my where clause to work out new entries in the table from the database.
If I load the field without any where clause, it's fine and the format of these fields is DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss.

I created a variable vCurrentDay and it looks like this:
vCurrentDay = DATE((date(Today())-1), 'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss[.fff]')

So my variable is in the same format.

Then when I use my variable in the where clause as such: where START_DT >= '$(vCurrentDay)';

The issue will show.
I have tried a number of ways of writing the format, changing the format on the load section etc but keep getting error messages.

I really don't know what to do to fix this. Can anyone help?
Any help is much appreciated.

I am running version 10 SR1. *this is in the wrong forum because I keep getting an error when I try and upload this query to the developer forum*

Thanks

1 Reply
MVP
MVP

date format issue- append qvds

if all the other things are fine, it could be an issue with LET or SET. What are you using to define the variable ? try with alternative. you can check the value in the variable using TRACE command followed by a SLEEP command.

regards, tresesco