Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

help setting up Oracle datasources on Server for auto reload.

Hi all,

this is the latest in a series of obostacles that I have been overcoming in a bid to set up my 64-bit server.

The latest seems to be an issue with Oracle.

I installed the Oracle instant client, (win64 11.2 version)

This allowed me to manually reload a simple application with an ODBC connection using a desktop client on the server.

However, when running through the Management Console and setting up a reload schedule, it failed.

Also, I was unable to use OLEDB connection through the qvw script - (manual or auto)

Confusingly, even though I installed the 64 bit Oracle client, the datasource adminstrator that seemed to work was the System32\odbcad32.exe

the SysWow64\odbcad.exe would not let me set up an ODBC data source.

Can anybody advise?

All day I have been facing issues, then rsolving and getting further along the way to a working product, but this has me stumped.

p.s. SQL server ODBC works fine from within the management console - so it seems to point at an Oracle issue.

Regards,

Matt

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

The attached document is old, but it still is a good resource for the installation of the Ocacle drivers.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill,

it seems to be what I followed.

and I CAN reload when in the desktop client, but QVS will not..  It just has an error in the task log

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You have stated you installed the Oracle instant client. This isn't what the document saids to download and install. You will need to install the Oracle Database  Enterprise Edition being this is a server.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

hi Bill,

that doco outlines the installation instructions for Enterprise Edition - but seems to be installing an instance of an Oracle database as well as associated drivers - which seems a bit of overkill when we just need the drivers.

The fact that I can connect with OLEDB from the server using Qlikview desktop suggests that the driver is fine.

My issue is the Qlikview server is unable to reload it.  Its all on the same box so it doesnt make sense..

Matt