Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how do I authenticate all users using Active Directory and present data.

Hi,

Kindly help me use AD users in qlikserver 11.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dde
Employee
Employee

Hi

The point is there is nothing to do.  QlikView is AD-integrated out of the box.  A simple "Next, Next, Next, Finish" install would do it providing you choose a Domain User during the install.

The only steps you might need to perform is if you want to add groups which aren't in the same domain as the server.  If if you need to do that then in the QlikView Management Console under the System/Setup tab, expand "Directory Service Connectors", expand your DSC and click on "Active Directory".  On the right side list any domains you wish to resolve groups for.

Thanks

Dave

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You need to supply a little more information about your problem.

Bill Britt

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Essentially enable AD users access the documents on Qlikserver with their AD credentials. I guess this is much clearer, Thanks

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

That is the default QlikView setup. You have to assign NTFS permission to the QVW's to make this work. If you have a Publisher license Publisher will do that for you once you setup your distribution tasks.

Not sure if that is what you are looking for or not.

Bill Britt

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

So sorry if i'm being a pain, the help i need has to do with roles based authentication via Active Directory. Prerequistes, steps, configurations and even where possible screen shots on how i can authenticate  the users.

dde
Employee
Employee

Hi

The point is there is nothing to do.  QlikView is AD-integrated out of the box.  A simple "Next, Next, Next, Finish" install would do it providing you choose a Domain User during the install.

The only steps you might need to perform is if you want to add groups which aren't in the same domain as the server.  If if you need to do that then in the QlikView Management Console under the System/Setup tab, expand "Directory Service Connectors", expand your DSC and click on "Active Directory".  On the right side list any domains you wish to resolve groups for.

Thanks

Dave

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Dave a lot.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Do you have a publisher license or just Server license?

Bill

jafari_ervin
Creator III
Creator III

go to qlikview management console -> System - > Setup -> Qlikview Webservers - > Authentication - > Default login page, After this setting when the users open the access-point will be automatically login.

Not applicable
Author

If you do need to configure your AD connection manually, note that the user field should be the NETBIOS-style user name: MYDOMAIN\BSmith.