Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to access Qv on mobile unit

Hi guys,

I'm trying to connect to accesspoint via Qlikview app for ios. but i must miss something because it doesn't work. i add the accesspoint adress but my credentials doesn't work. do i need my phone to be in the same network as the accesspoint? do i have to run offline in order for it to work? Have i missed som server settings?

when i connect via browser i need a VPN before accessing so i'm thinking that's the problem. How do i solve this?

Thanks in advance!

//A.

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Luis_Cortizo
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi, apalmtree

Yes, probably you need to be on the same Network.

Have you tried to access the AccessPoint with Safari?. Because the channel of communication needs to be available either way.

If you need a VPN with your laptop (for instance) when you're outside your office, you'll need a VPN connection in your mobile device as well. The communication process is exactly the same.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok. But if i install the offline thing on the server. Will i still need to have the VPN tunnel on my mobile?

Luis_Cortizo
Former Employee
Former Employee

The purpose of the offline client (after install it on the server and modify the atributes of the document you want to access online) is to be able to synchronize some information while you are on your corporate network (have direct access to the server or with a VPN) and consult it while you are offline.

Once the synchronization has been made you don't need to connect to your server anymore, but before that you need to synchronize the information.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok, so basically you're downloading the syncronized application to your device?

Luis_Cortizo
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, basically that's the idea, but it has its limitations. From the Reference Manual:

Working with QlikView in Offline Mode

Offline mode gives you an opportunity to do some limited work in QlikView even when you do not have network access or cannot connect to your host QlikView server. Although you cannot perform genuine business discovery, you can analyze data that has previously been selected and prepared for offline use.

Limitations

In offline mode you can move between tabs; scroll scrollable lists in maximum 1 list box with up to 40 rows of data.

In offline mode you cannot use buttons and macros, select or highlight any of the native controls, work interactively, or use the Standard QV Ajax menu.

You can find the Reference Manual on the Documentation folder of the machine in which you have installed QlikView Server (or ask for it) or download the attachment to this response. And also expand information visiting this link:

http://www.qlik.com/us/explore/products/qv-for-mobile

It's a video product tour for the mobile client

Best regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the info!

I've just manage to log in to the qlikview accesspoint now but there are no documents on the accesspoint (still on the IOS), where its says that i'm logged in as my user DOMAIN/USERNAME. When i try to connect in safari it says that server could not be found. I have re-distributed the document i want to see and made it available for mobile client. I'm a missing something now?

//A.

Luis_Cortizo
Former Employee
Former Employee

Nothing that I can think of.

Are you using the same user to log in with safari and with the Offline application?. Because it just doesn't make sense that with the same user accessing the same server in one client you can see documents and not in the other one.

I can't think of any reason that explains that behaviour

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

To log on to the VPN i don't have to add the domain but this i do in IOS app logon. Once on the VPN in the webbrowser on my computer i'm not asked to log in again when entering the accesspoint.