Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

how to make supporting task end successfully

Hello

got an supporting task that runs an external program

Actually the external program is a batch file that opens a QVW file which has a macro that runs on the on open trigger and has on the final line a command that saves and quits qlikview

the task runs fine i.e. the QVW file opens and the macro runs successfully but the task keeps on showing that it is running knowing that I need to make it end successfully so that another task is triggered to run

please advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In the supporting task definition, do you use "cmd /c BatchFileName.cmd" to run this batch file?

Best,

Peter

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

no I just put the path of the batch file to run

"D:\QlikView\Source Documents\SWEI\Quality Control\1-DEV\Quality Control CCI Dashboards\QVW\Open_QC_Dashboard.bat"

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

what is the syntax that I have to write?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are you sure that after being called from the batch file, QV Desktop terminates and returns to the shell?

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

yes I watch the task manager

QV.exe process is created then when macro finishes (exports all charts as images to a specific directory) this process disappears from the list i.e. terminates because I included in the macro the following lines

ActiveDocument.Save

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.Quit